Tuesday, May 19, 2009

OLD AGE THOUGHTS

I was just pondering the other day about old age. My mom is going on 87. Lucille our eldest cat is going on 16 on May 26th. Bubbah (Lucilles firstborn kitten) is going on 15 on June 21. Buckwheat (Lucilles 2nd born) is 14 as of April 14th. Our 1st puppy Babe is going on 13 in June. Today, we have all the catz and puppies and mom with us. But that could change anytime. Someone would be missing. Someone that we have had in our lives for quite some time now. Last night, at 3 in the morning I noticed something wrong with our puppy Babe - He was shaking - When I got home today from a day trip to Cambridge - Jimmy was cuddling our boy puppy Babe (we call him Baby Boyzzzz) who must have sprained his ankle while jumping off the bed last night. My husband has been nursing him allllllll day. Old age comes eh??? People and our animals come and go. Life is change. The things that are the things that we are used to seeing and experiencing day after day do not last forever. I see the old age in Babe, in our catz and in my Mom - In a way, this blog is preparing for the inevitable. A change in our happy little family that will not be the same with even one missing. Thank you Dot for inspiring a garden - a new way to garden and keeping going on. Thru you there is me!

Our Puppy Babe healing on the chesterfield with J.T.

1 comment:

Every Photo Tells A Story said...

I'm sure this quote by Robert Flack was said a hundred times by others, but it goes:

"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."

Isn't that the truth! If we love anyone or anything at all means we will one day feel pain with their loss!!

And, as I get older, I seem to think there really is no meaning. Just to live and find some beauty in our lives while we can.