Monday, February 2, 2015

NEW SERIES - GRANTCHESTER

On Sundays, after DOWNTON ABBEY on Masterpiece Theatre, is a newer series called GRANTCHESTER.  Last nite was the 3rd installment.  One the actresses favourite flower on the show (the not so nice other sister) was CORNFLOWER.  As a gardener, I took note of the flower and lo and behold today, on a site that I frequent, they had this wonderful image.  I will have to get some of these seeds - the blue would really stand out in the garden.
via blueeyedennis/go4photos

2 comments:

clr said...

I believe you mean CORNFLOWERS AKA Batchelor's Button.. They are extremely easy to grow and dry well too!

Grace To It said...

Yes cornflowers is correct. I think I may have grown them but not in blue many years ago. I think these ones will also do well in our hot summers and poor soil. Now I have to remember where I put the Fireweed that you sent in a card. I really want to try to grow them - Thanks Bud - mjt