Saturday, June 27, 2009

Mom's 87th on June 21st (P.S. - click on pics to make larger)

For Moms 87th I really wanted her sister Mary and Bruce. Bruce showed up at 2:30 and his oxygen ran out at 6:30 and he had to go home without a meal. Nevertheless, good to get these 3 together last Sunday, June 21.











Sue (Cams gal) and Rick (me bro) and Art (Surprise guests - my dads sisters son-in-law going to be 80 this year - NO WAY - so youthful)











Jim watching over the barbeque with Sis in law Carol










Singing Happy Birthday (note the Butterfly Cake that my friend Sharon made - so beautiful) - Mom, Sue, Moms Sister Mary, My cousin going on 80 - NO WAY - BETTY - (Arts wife) and Cam










Moms sister wrote a beautiful poem for her sister Dorothy - This is a pic of Mom reading her sister's Mary's card













For Mom's 87th - Cam, Rick and I got mom an oak mantle clock that is battery operated and plays Westminster Chimes - at the number 3, 6 and 9 and then full Westminster chimes at 12. It shuts down at 11 P.M. (a choice that one has with this clock) and then starts up again at 6 A.M. I went to moms on Monday and set it all up and she just loves it.










Just one more look at the cake - Sharon made a butterfly cake for mom - Aunt Mary wore butterfly earrings and Sue gave mom a butterfly card - The butterfly represents RESURRECTION LIFE.










Cam and Sue leaving in the convertible. I just had to take this pic. I remember those days when Jimmy and I just met and used to cruise in the convertible Camaro.

No comments: