Friday, February 5, 2010

A GREAT DAY TODAY!

Our local coffee shop is rockin - Not only does it have the best breakfast in town but the coffee is supurb. Its not a chain. The other coffee shop just down the street went under and all of those people are heading to MY coffee shop. Good to see Ron today who now comes to MY coffee shop - LOL!













Doris has Alzheimers and lives in a fabulous facility which my cousin found for her. My cousin decorated the room and it is bright and cheery and very welcoming. Folks, don't let those that you know with Alzheimers make you think they cannot respond to you. While the soul (the mind, the will and the emotions) are not able to communicate, the spirit will. Talk to their spirit, not their soul. i.e. Don't say things like do you know I am here - say things like - I know you can hear me! Doris responded today and in that I am sure her spirit is alive. What a beautiful pic of Bruce and Doris!











Doris came from a large family. That is Doris to the far left.







Mom and I had a great lunch at Islington Golf Club. What a great pic of mom. She has really been struggling since the death of her brother but I felt today that she is coming out of it. Her memory is going but heck - I sure hope I can remember as much as she does when I am 88 - God willing!

1 comment:

clr said...

It is a great pic of your mum!