Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I CAN HARDLY BELIEVE ITS STILL THERE!!!

I would sometimes think about the house I lived in, in Calgary and figured it would have been demolished and an apartment put up , but today, a friend sent me a great street google site - . I found 13th St. S.W. in Calgary and started to peruse the north side of the street and I found my old house which I lived in from December 1975 to July 1977. Great memories of that place. I lived in the basement for a little bit (and I mean basement - There was a small elongated room in half the basement and a huge snake like furnace which I monitored. I then moved up to the second floor. Many a good time was spent on the balcony barbequeing. Carol moved to Calgary and lived next door but I think her place was sold cause it looks like apartments. Tons of stories from that street for sure!!! I'll find some pics from that era and add to this posting - I sure hope I can find the one of me and the landlord - Good Ole Fred! But guess what Street Google missed the south west corner of my city so I am not there. (This is a quick digital pic - you can email them to your inbox but that is another story) http:www.vpike.com


2 comments:

clr said...

Wonder whose living there now??? Wonder if they're having as much fun as we did!

jb said...

Hey! I don't remember you ever mentioning living in Calgary.
Neat house, and no, we are still not back online!