Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WERE BAAAAAAAK!

I did it - I got the homestead all set up for Christmas - LET THE SEWING BEGIN!

When you talk to me this is where I am sitting. I got the Santa chair cover at a garage sale for a few dollars and grumpy MAXINE keeps me company for when I need to KVETCH! I was so pleased at the Church of the Atonement in Alderwood to find the adorable ceramic Log Cabin that has a tea light inside as well for only 3 dollars. It makes you feel like you really are out in the wilderness. I pretend!!! LOL! Got the tree up yesterday and will still be making some popcorn cranberry garland and am baking some gingerbread men that I will decorate with Royal Icing to hang. The theme this year is A CHILDRENS CHRISTMAS. We bought the train around 15 years ago and only put it around the tree once - so this year I got it out and got 6 C batteries and VOILA - it worked - PTL. It goes forwards and backwards and toots. I got the childrens rocking chair for 5 dollars and brought out Linnea (the gardener) doll and Shlomo the cat to sit on it. Like I said - its a Childrens Christmas and still have a few more toys coming out. Got 4 of these vintage plastic placemats for the kitchen table for almost free. Went to the Islington United Church Fall Fair nearing the end and they told you to get a bag (which was quite large) and fill it up for only 2 dollars. Got this vintage stocking cake pan for 3 dollars at the Legion Christmas fair. Hopefully will make a cake for Christmas 2010 in this. Have to talk to the cakemaker Sharon when she gets back on Saturday about the best way to put the batter in and then make sure it comes out so as to decorate the Stocking Cake














No comments: