Sunday, July 8, 2012

THE GOOD NEWS BLOG - Comin up

Hope you all are fairing well with the drastic temps this summer. We just had not one but two history making summer temp days on Wednesday and Friday. NO SWEAT (snicker). I just pace myself and still "GET ER DONE" I just heard that these temps that we have been experiencing make you MENTALLY ILL (MEH!)

Its finally summer in Victoria - at least that is what THE WEATHER CHANNEL is CELEBRATING. and I celebrate that with you. Albeit, good news that you got soaking stuff. You will have beautiful gardens indeed.

My neighbour vegie gardeners and I covered our VEGIE garden last week with the HIGH TEMPS. I have had a bright pink adirondack with an umbrella by it just to sit and enjoy the vegie garden but this year, the umbrella came in handy to cover the melting tomatoes. "WERE MELTING, WERE MELTING" - actually what I saw was the leaves all shriveling up.

Bar NONE - we were warned that this will be the DRYEST summer in TDOT EVER! So far - they predicted right on.

I personally am excited that my Zinnias are AWESOME and - they surround our backyard.

On another note, I am blessed that my 90 year old mom is well and at peace. We do not want to stick her into a home and am so glad that she is still able to be in her awesome apartment. I got her a wicker rocking chair a few years ago and she just loves it on her balcony. She spends most of her days rocking away out their. She has a pretty balcony all decorated with a ton of geraniums.

On Mothers Day, our last black and white cat died and I wondered that I would get another cat BUT I did. His name is PERCIVAL PUFF and is furry orange. He really is a delight. The two Shia Tzu's and Percy are finally befriending each other.

1 comment:

clr said...

Come to Whitehorse. It's a high of 17 today but with the wind you need long pants and long sleeved shirt. Have had 2 days of summer so far. Is that good or bad?