Saturday, January 18, 2014

MY OLD HOOD

About two weeks ago I went past where I used to live and the people who owned the house were outside assessing the damage that the ice storm had done to their car when a very large limb of tree came off on top of it.  They invited me in and it was wonderful to see the old place again particularly the recroom that my dad had built which was a piece of skilled labour.  I also was delighted to see the retro ceramic blue tiles still in the bathroom.  The cold cellar behind the bar is being well used.  I used to play house in their.

The next week, I went to a second hand store and finally got a pair of awesome cowboy boots in mint condition and when I was checking out I noticed a piece that was sitting behind the pay counter that used to sit on the shelves behind the bar of our old house.  A trivet that says 'When you are as great as I am it is difficult to be humble' - She gave it to me for free.

The other day, my Aunt sent me a photo of her and my Uncle and wondered if it was taken at our old house.  It was and funny thing is it is them standing in front of the tree that the limb just fell off of.  I sent her some of the photos that I had taken and she got back to tell me that she had the exact same chesterfield that the new owners have and just gave it to one of her grandsons.

mmmmmmmm, interesting coincidences but then their are no coincidences eh?









No comments: