Saturday, January 18, 2014

VIDEO RENTALS IN TORONTO

In 1989 when we were living on the Humber River, Adam was just born that year - my mom bought us our first VCR - we went nuts renting from THE LITTLE guy who had a shop up the street.  Moved to Alderwood and then started to rent from THE LITTLE guy in this neck of the woods.  Then ROGERS and BLOCKBUSTER the BIG GUYS squished out the little guys and we rented from them.  Now, they are gone and THE LITTLE guy is making a comeback.  We started to watch thru ROGERS, pay as you go but at the end of 2013 they changed their format on the movie channel and for the life of me I cannot figure out the horrid new format.

That being said, I am going to rehook up the VCR and DVD players and head out to once again enjoy my experience of choosing a movie and help someone put food on the table.  Both the stores are in High Park so that is a plus.  First movie to rent is a Swedish sub-title movie - AS IT IS IN HEAVEN - highly recommended to me by my brother Cam.

By the way, the last Blockbuster to shut its doors was in Hawaii and the last movie to be rented was THIS IS THE END (or so the internet says) a comedy about the aftermath of a global apocalypse.  Yeah, that will be a comedy - NOT!

AS IT IS IN HEAVEN -

No comments: