Monday, September 8, 2008

More WONDERFUL Stained Glass Nan-sea


Here is the newest creation from my bud out thar in Gaspe - Ok, so lets get real - On the outside of this creation are EIGHT uplifted hands - 2008 - Eight means new beginnings. Beside the eights are diamonds. Any ideas on those beside the fact that diamonds are a girls best friend. LOL. In the centre are two grape bunches - and, the whole creation is in the form of a circle - We have come full circle. Thank you Nan-sea for this most beautiful prophetic work of art - and thanks for allowing me to post on my blog. Loving you chum.

1 comment:

nansea said...

Awww...thank you m’dear!
I never had those interpretations in my mind when I created that piece! I love your rendition of it:) I never made a pattern for that medallion, only small sections to do the repeats. I just let it grow the way it wanted to go. I flattened the centre plate in the kiln on ‘fast tack’ and added another layer of teal baroque glass on the back, plus on the backs of the diamond bevels to give a slight colour variation to the whole thing. That technique is called ‘plating’. The whole thing is supported with an internal ‘hammock sling’ inside the outer lead came border to help support the weight while hanging. It was fun to create.

Nancyx0x0x0x0