Sunday, February 15, 2009

BEAUTIFUL SUNNY DAY


CLR, quite a while ago posted a group on her site called White Stripes. It wasn't until just recently that I realized one of their songs is from one of my favourite movies "NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE" - I liked this movie alot cause the underdog weirdo got the victory. The first song you hear is from that movie by White Stripes. And yes, I bought the T-Shirt 'VOTE FOR PEDRO' - Story goes - On the last Canadian election day I put the T-shirt on not even thinking about it being an election day and drove A.T. downtown to school but first we stopped off at the St. Lawrence Market for one of their famous back bacon on a bun. As we were sitting there people would go by and start to laugh at us - it was then that I realized that on election day I had a T-shirt on that said VOTE FOR PEDRO - cheesh. mmmmmm I just thought of something else - I am planning on making Chimichangas today for dinner which was a food mentioned in that movie. Interesting how all things connect when you least expect it!

Had a great 17th anniversary - Celebrated on Friday night (Feb. 13th) - As we were getting the 'refreshments' we got a flat tire and had to deal with that - grrrrrrrrrrrrr - Had to spend a couple of hours at Canadian Tire before the party could begin and then on Saturday had a great home-cooked meal (like at 5 P.M.) trying to stay awake to watch movies. Thanks all for the phone calls and emails - Thanks Walter who phoned twice - but due to the hardy pardy on Friday night (Jimmy stayed up for me for 36 hours Friday - railroading - yuk!) we were asleep when you called - such is getting older. Thanks Sweden (yes, we will visit most assuredly $$$ providing).

On another note - I have updated my background to trains as J.T. only has around 6 trips to go and then he retires. The actual date is May 1, 2009 but he gets his six weeks of holidays added so that is why he retires at the beginning of March 2009. I found it interesting that the actual date of his retirement is A.T.'s birthday. Things are sure going to be different around here. Most of all, all the stuff that needed getting done will finally be taken care of. I am really glad to have J.T. around for the start of gardening season as their is so much preparation at that time of year. How do I really feel about having my hubby home full-time? mmmmm I think the song that you hear tells it all. I have created a new sewing/art room in the basement workroom so as to have a space for myself. J.T. like is going to take some time off and has had 6 job opportunites to work part-time. It will be interesting to see which one he choses.

ALL ABOARD THE RETIREMENT TRAIN and yes, as the song goes I CAN TELL THAT WE ARE GONNA BE FRIENDS!

No comments: