Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January 14th, 1999


Sometimes things come together - well - supernatural like. I played Cold Play for Jimmy - Viva La Vida and he said it was very similar to a song that he used to listen to in the 70's called Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann - I said - Wait a minute - those guys were out in the 60's - so we listened to DO WAH DIDDY - DUM - DIDDY - U - but then we found out that Manfred Mann did the song THE MIGHTY QUINN. - This post is dedicated to Carl Quinn who left us on January 14, 1999 - Mary (my aunt and his wife) just posted a remembrance in the Toronto Star on January 14, 2009:

CARL QUINN August 17, 1931 - January 14, 1999 It's been 10 years since you passed away, I still think about you every day, You're in my heart, You're in my soul, You are what made this family whole, My best memory is when You made me your wife, You will forever be ''The Love of My Life.''  Lovingly remembered by Wife Mary and Children, Gary, Brian, Cathy, Michael, Stephen, Susie, Carol and their families.


embed>

No comments: