Tuesday, February 17, 2009

REMEMBERING WOOLWORTHS






Bean sent me this 50's menu from Woolworths. The Woolworths that I most remember going to was at the local Plaza in the 60's - I would do my Christmas shopping there when I was little and my mom still has the crys-tal earr-ings that I bought her one year. Some of the perfumes that I remember from the 60's were - My Sin, Tigress (gotta love the fur cap) , Tabu, Tweed, and Evening In Paris which I most remember because of the blue bottle. Pre-Highschool I mostly ordered a Grill Cheese that came with a sour pickle. Lunchtime during High School at the snack bar was usually fries with gravy and a coke. I do not see fries on this menu though. And for the computer savvy - Note the FENDER FONT in the menu.
Don't forget to scroll down and turn off the player to view the utube.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Certainly brings back memories. My first job was working on weekends in the stock room at Woolworths at Eglinton Square in what was then called Scarborough.

I was only in grade 7 or 8 back then so I don't know how they got away with hiring me.