Sunday, July 5, 2009

NEW GARDEN


Perennials are interesting. I usually put in around 10 new perennials every year and end up with around 4 that survive our winter. This year I loved what was going on at the east side of the south garden. First purple Iris with pink and white Bleeding Heart and when they were finished the Yellow Four O'Clocks showed off. So - why not do what works. I just bought 3 Clarence Iris (huge purple with white tops), 3 Bleeding Heart (2 white and one pink) to match the east side - planted on the west side of the south garden. Behind them I found something that I have wanted for quite sometime. A fabulouse fuschia Bee Balm FIREBALL. I LOVE TO ATTRACT BEES. Just behind the Fireball I planted a Rose of Sharon which was growing all on its own on the East Garden. I love the flowers of the Rose of Sharon. Mine is tri-colour - White, Pink and Mauve. One day this will look amazing. mmmmmm - I should rename this blog - TDOTBLOGGER GARDEN. Hope you all enjoy looking at my garden labours.

No comments: