Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Autumn Christmas Cactus

In August on my way back from Burlington went to a Garage Sale on the Lakeshore in Oakville. The people had a ton of stuff but what got me was about 7 Christmas Cactus's in bloom. I bought one! At that time they were in bloom and then a week after it was dormant. I left it out on the deck until the end of September and then brought it in and today - October 25th, they are all in bloom again. I will next week - after the bloom is gone, no longer water and hide into darkness in the hall cupboard and then bring HER out again around a week before Christmas and Voila - She will bloom again. Fingers crossed.


1 comment:

jb said...

That is spectacular, I have never seen one in bloom, thank you for posting the pics!

Happy plants, happy pets, happy family, Yeesh, must be nice to be His favourite;-p