Thursday, October 27, 2011

SPEAKING OF PUMPKINS

I was just on the weather channel as I do alot for my PEEPS to see how their weather is - i.e. Utterson, Victoria, and Whitehorse. Anyway, the weather channel had a questionnaire as to whom had the WORLDS LARGEST PUMPKIN this year and it was Jim and Kelsey (his daughter) Bryson from Ormstown, Quebec. Apparently this pumpkin has made it to New York City and this family is being Wooed in the BIG APPLE and their pumpkin is being artistically carved. This got me wondering about my dear friend Terry Chappelle who has been growing BIG PUMPKINS for the Port Elgin Pumpkin Fest. I found out (thank you Google) that Terry is number 205 out of 1,687 entries (thereabouts) for the WORLDS LARGEST PUMPKIN and this year he came in at number 5 for his 1058.40 pumpkin at the Port Elgin Pumpkinfest. I just emailed them to see if they have a pic. STAY TUNED!

Here is a pic of the worlds largest pumpkin

No comments: