Thursday, March 8, 2012

100 YEAR OLD HERITAGE TREE ON RONCESVALLES

On one of my daily sites that I peruse, I saw that: On the east side of Roncesvalles is a hundred-year-old, four-storey-tall maple tree. Some local residents have nominated it for designation under the Ontario Heritage Tree Program, and they’ve made this fun little video to explain why.

Roncesvalles Ave Heritage Tree from Claude Barnes on Vimeo.



On my way to take mom home this morning we drove down there and I took some shots:


























I took this pic as there is a really old pic of this area on the Vimeo
















Mom told me a story about how as little kids would walk all the way down Roncesvalles to Sunnyside amusement park (long gone) and then all the way back up Roncesvalles home.






















I used to live in High Park with a friend and here is a vintage 70's shot of the streetcar that she used to take to work - thought you would enjoy CLR















And here is a vintage shot of CLR helping me get my mukluk's on in High Park - snicker!

2 comments:

Karyn Klaire Koski said...

Thanks for blogging about the tree nomination! You take excellent pictures by the way.

Karyn Klaire Koski
fellow Roncesvallian ? not sure what you call us LOL

clr said...

You never did know how to tie up those mukluks!
I used to love catching that streetcar in High Park. My fave way of going to work!