Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Vintage COOKIE JARS and TOMORROW

Before we had our son in 1989, we bought a vintage American Bisque Sweet Pea cookie jar (see pic below) to represent the coming of our son in 1989. We moved to a new home and hubby built some shelves in the kitchen where Sweet Pea sat. Unfortunately hubby did not put the shelves up properly and one night in bed sound asleep all the stuff that was on them came crashing down and the only thing left of Sweet Pea was his lid with the bumble bee on top. The only pics we have of him is a DVD that my friend took down at THE RIVER when she visited with her little son. Yesterday, I saw that someone just sold one for $1,000.00. &:^(-3-<

Anyway, a couple of years later I picked up an Enesco Prayer Lady Cookie Jar (see pic below) for a toonie. Yesterday, I saw that someone has sold one for $160.00. ;^)-3-<

CROSSING FINGERS FOR TOMORROW because I just found another cookie jar and will go tomorrow just before the auction book is closed and hopefully will post my most recent acquisition. STAY TUNED!

No comments: