Monday, August 6, 2012

ON BEING SIXTY

I could not find my camera. I wanted to find it because I would like to take some personal pics for this blog. Where could it be? OH, its where I always leave it!!! But for some reason my mind could not get it together to find it where I always leave it. WHAT UP WITH THAT MIZ 60. And how about getting dressed!!! I have to laugh as I put on my new slinky stretch jeans that I really should remember to sit down to put them on BUT NOOOOOOOOOO - and then I fall over onto the bed and wonder about being 60. Every morning I go out for coffee. I have everything organized in my purse and a Hello Kitty bag that I take with me but when I reach the car I have forgotten my cell phone, the car keys and something else. "60"!!! I have a TO DO book that I fill out every day before I go shopping. Its cause I'm 60. I have gastritis reflux, a hiatus hernia and I wish I could remember what is wrong with my knees but I blame that on being 60. I used to be able to clean my whole house in one day. It now takes me a week - 60! Albeit, I am coming to terms with older age. I am growing up. I am more at peace. I know my boundaries. I like to watch Channel 48. I walk the dogs and look around more at my surroundings and have the most wonderful penultimate moments. Its like I just smoked a dubee. But I didn't. I have a forever HIGH as I turned 60. I just can't go as fast. I have to slow down. I have to smell the roses. AND I LIKE IT!