Monday, June 2, 2014

EMBROIDERY PROJECT KISMET

I found a jean skirt at the 2nd hand store which was larger than my own size and I have taken it apart to refit. The pockets are off from the back and I have started to embroider the pockets first and then the whole skirt.  On one of the pockets I did a swirl design in the colours of the rainbow.  Suddenly I started to see the swirl everywhere I went.  I found stirling silver earrings at Marios the Jeweller (dear friend of Terry and Jan Chappelle), and then was having a coffee at Starbucks and looked up and there was a photo of swirls in a field in South American - another was when I was buying some embroidery thread at Singers and looked into the counter payout area and ------ more swirls.  Interesting.  I have a revelation of what it means.  Will post a picture of the pockets after I sew the skirt back together.  Love this project.  Love to embroider - such a relaxing craft and the designs are just coming together spontaneously.



No comments: