Tuesday, December 30, 2014

MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT

Today I watched, online, Magic in the Moonlight with Colin Firth and Emma Stone.  A magician wants to prove that a medium is fake.  They fall in love.  End of story.  Colin Firth played his arrogance well yet I was wanting in the mediums role played by Emma Stone.  It just didn't work for me.  I think Woody should have cast Cate Blanchett (Blue Jasmine) in the role.  Something good did come out of it though - a song - that I want to learn on the keyboard.  I haven't as of yet been successful finding the sheet music but I did find a youtube - Ruth Etting original from 1927 and what they played in the movie - It all depends on you.  My keyboard teacher is getting hit with this one when I restart lessons in January.

Here are the lyrics:
Lovers depend on moonlight for a love affair
Babies depend on mothers for their tender care
Flowers depend on sunshine, and the morning dew
Each thing depends on something, and I depend on you
I can be happy, I can be sad
I can be good, or I can be bad
It all depends on you
I can be lonely out in a crowd
I can be humble, I can be proud
It all depends on you
I can save money, or spend it
Go right on living, or end it
You’re to blame, honey, for what I do
I know that I can be beggar, I can be king
I can be almost any old thing
It all depends on you







No comments: