Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NEW QUILT

I am finally making a new quilt - Have not made one in 5 years - I went downtown to MACFAB to get a fabric with MATRYUSKAS. These are Russian dolls that have a bunch of dolls inside them that go down in size INSIDE the original Matryuska. The Matryuska is a grandma . I will be taking this fabric and cutting out the Matryuskas and putting them in diverse places on the quilt with candlelight in the centre. I got 20 tulips in today - Tomorrow another 36 tulips and then down to the sewing room to get going on this quilt.

2 comments:

Allan said...

Hi Marilyn, I really enjoy reading your blog, it makes me feel connected somehow to the extended family over there. I'm sorry I don't give you feedback too often but here is a small comment:
"Matryoshka" is presumably derived from the Russian female first name "Matryona". Grandma in russion would be "Babushka".

Have a nice life
/Allan Fallman in Sweden (at the moment in Latvia working)

Cathy Quinn McNamara said...

love the fabric for your new quilt! Want to see it when it is done.
Cathy xox