Monday, November 16, 2009

T.DOT INDIAN SUMMER & A WAKE!

We in T.Dot have been having the most wonderful weather. Walking out to my fav coffee shop in the early mornings with just a sweater is such a JOY! I even have been lax to completely purge the garden with this wonderful weather. The back deck is still open to the weather. Soon though we will have to get jiggy - watching the weather systems - to close off the deck, hug up the doors with insulation and I am still sooooooo slow to mound up the roses. I for one am grateful for the Toronto Indian Summer. On another note - had a WAKE for my Uncle on Friday. A few of us got together at Bloor and Prince Edward and then went to the Legion - and then Jim and I came home to continue the WAKE! It was a good day and a great remembrance for my Uncle. I had never been to a graveyard in years and this one was a so good in that we all put something into the box that my Uncle is resting in. A rose, a hockey puck, a poppy, a pin, praying hands. I had never seen this before - it is like a time capsule. Here are the pics of that day:










No comments: